There are lots of websites available on the internet like way2sms, 160by2, anonymous sms sites and many more through which you can send free SMS. Now Google has also launched a new service to Send SMS from Gmail account. This service is currently not available in India as well as some other countries. We recommend you to also read Samsung TU8000 Best Picture Settings.
SMS will be sent from your Gmail Chat itself. You just have to enter the mobile number of your friend to send free SMS. If your friend replies back to your message then he has to pay normal SMS charges and the message will be received in your chat . This service limits your SMS length to maximum of 50 characters and you can send only 50 SMS from your account in a day. But the amazing thing of this service is, if your friend reply back to your message then you will get 5 extra SMS but this cannot exceed 50.
Benefits of Gmail
Gmail is a free email service offered by Google, with over 1.8 billion active users worldwide. It offers a range of benefits, such as a simple and user-friendly interface, powerful spam filters, integrated Google services, large storage capacity, and access from any device with an internet connection.
How To Send Free SMS From GMAIL
Method 1: Sending SMS messages from your Gmail account is simple and easy to do. Here are the steps to send free SMS from Gmail:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Google Voice website (https://voice.google.com/) and sign up for a free account.
- Once you have created your Google Voice account, link it to your Gmail account by going to the settings menu and selecting “Link account with Google.”
- Once your Google Voice account is linked to your Gmail account, you will be able to access the Google Voice features from within your Gmail account.
- To send an SMS message, click on the “Compose” button in your Gmail account and then select the “SMS” option in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Type in the recipient’s phone number in the “To” field and type your message in the message field.
- Click on “Send” to send the SMS message.
- You can also receive SMS messages in your Gmail account by checking the Google Voice tab in your inbox.
It’s important to note that international SMS messages may be subject to fees or additional charges. Also, You must have a google voice number to send the SMS message.
How To Enable Free SMS in Gmail
Here’s the method 2 which will help you with sending SMS through your Gmail account without any charges.
- In your Gmail account, click on the Settings button and go to Labs tab.
- Scroll down until you find Text Messaging (SMS) in chat and click on Enable.
- Also Enable the SMS in Chat Gadget and click on Save Changes button.
- Now you will see Send SMS box in the left sidebar.
How To Send Free SMS From GMAIL
- In the Send SMS box enter the mobile number at which you want to send SMS.
- Now a dialog box will be open, in this box give the Name and Country of the SMS recipient and click on Save button.
- Type your Message in the chat window and hit Enter. Your message will be delivered in few seconds.
We recommend you to check Tivimate Best Settings to watch latest movies and tv shows online streaming free.
All your sent and received messages will be stored in chat history just like normal chats. You can delete all your conversations anytime.
How to undo a Sent email from Gmail?
To undo a sent email from Gmail, first, enable the “Undo Send” feature in the settings menu. Once this is done, after sending an email, a pop-up message will appear offering the option to “Undo.” Clicking this option will recall the email, allowing the user to make changes or delete it entirely before it reaches the recipient. The recall option is only available for a limited time.
Q: Can I send SMS messages from my Gmail account?
A: Yes, you can send SMS messages from your Gmail account by using the Google Voice service. Google Voice is a free service offered by Google that allows you to make and receive calls, as well as send and receive SMS messages from your Gmail account.
Q: How do I set up SMS messaging in my Gmail account?
A: To set up SMS messaging in your Gmail account, you will need to sign up for a Google Voice account and link it to your Gmail account. Once you have done that, you will be able to send and receive SMS messages directly from your Gmail account.
Q: Are there any fees associated with sending SMS messages through Gmail?
A: No, there are no fees associated with sending SMS messages through Gmail. However, you will need to have a Google Voice account, which is free to sign up for.
Q: Can I send SMS messages to international numbers through Gmail?
A: Yes, you can send SMS messages to international numbers through Gmail as long as the recipient’s phone number is in a country supported by Google Voice. Keep in mind that international SMS messages may be subject to fees or additional charges.
In conclusion, sending SMS messages from your Gmail account is a convenient and free way to stay in touch with your contacts. By using the Google Voice service, you can easily send and receive SMS messages directly from your Gmail account. Setting up SMS messaging in your Gmail account is simple and can be done by signing up for a Google Voice account and linking it to your Gmail account.
One of the best things about using this service is that it is completely free, and there are no additional fees for sending SMS messages through Gmail. However, it’s important to keep in mind that international SMS messages may be subject to fees or additional charges. Overall, using Gmail to send SMS messages can be a great way to stay connected with your contacts, and it’s a free and easy way to do so.